Antique type carpets help to add a touch of grandeur and glamour to your home or office, speaking greatly about your rich and extravagant tastes. Antique carpets are beautiful home furnishings and solid art investments. They aren’t just decorative items,but pieces of tradition, ethniticity, and true class that dates back thousands of years.
Antique carpets represent enormous range in motifs and color harmonies and you’ll simply lose yourself seeing the diverse combinations of rich antique colors and heavy intricate weaving.The diverse range of antique carpet pieces that you’ll encounter while shopping for them are mostly Oriental carpets and rugs that portray the ystery and legend of the far off lands of the Orient.
Antique carpets and rugs are imported mostly from China, Persia, India, Afghanistan, Caucasus, and Turkey. Some of the famous weaving areas of such antique carpets include Kashan, Agra, and many other locations. Antique carpets have a more artistic integrity, as they are exclusively hand woven. They are sold all over the world, with clients more than willing to pay whatever they have to in order to redefine their home and decorate in style.
If you are looking to add luster and glamour to your home or office and are ready to spend a fortune on the exquisite pieces of art, then you shouldn’t wait a single minute.
The first thing to do, is contact one of the several reliable, knowledgeable, and genuine art dealers and galleries who deal in antique carpets and have profound knowledge about the various aspects of a good and genuine antique carpet. They can guide you in selecting the best one per your budget and tastes.
You’ve got a bit of work to do as well. You should visit a lot of dealers and educate yourself about dyes, wools, design quality, and the many styles of weaving as well. Touch the carpet and scrutinize them carefully. Beware of the machine made synthetic carpets that some dealers will tell you are antique carpets.
Below, are some tips to help you when buying antique carpet.
1. You have to remain careful and thoughtful while analyzing each piece of antique carpet.
2. You’ll also need to try and understand the age and origin of the carpet that will in turn give you a much better insight about the overall quality of the carpet.
3. You’ll also need to look and see if the edge and borders are there in the antique carpet you intend to buy, as the end and edge borders are sometimes lost or even cut out on purpose. Keep in mind that the borders will determine the overall value of your carpet.
4. Keep an eye out for holes and moth attacks that are both common when dealing with antique carpets. These problems must be attended to before you buy the carpet.
5. You should always deal with dealers who have the prices marked on the carpet. See to it that your dealer sticks to that price.